Togetherhood is a fast-growing technology marketplace for independent educators and enrichment providers. The company was founded by a repeat entrepreneur with a strong track record of building successful marketplace businesses (one IPO and one acquisition).
We envision a world in which people in neighborhoods across the country and around the world come together to teach and learn from one another. Our goal is to make it easy to discover the knowledge and expertise that exists within communities. We hope you will join us on this journey.
What you'll do
We are looking for a Head of (or Manager) Marketplace Growth to manage the growth and development of our community of enrichment providers and the courses they create for the Togetherhood marketplace. This person will work closely with the company's founding team and will report directly to the CEO. This role is integral to the quality of our product and you will directly influence the company’s success!
In this job, your primary areas of responsibility will be:
- Ensure that Togetherhood’s community of enrichment providers, teaching artists and coaches grows in line with the needs of our customers, while maintaining a high quality bar.
- Screen potential instructors and enrichment businesses to ensure that the caliber of our provider network remains strong.
- Devise marketing and recruitment strategies to grow our provider community in a scalable way.
- Conduct orientation and onboarding for new members of our community, ensuring that they have a deep understanding of the Togetherhood value proposition and how to succeed in their role.
- Work closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams to develop a deep understanding of our customers' interests and enrichment needs.
- Foster a strong online and in-person community of enrichment providers, teaching artists and athletic coaches so that they feel like Togetherhood is more than just a paycheck and a special bond to Togetherhood.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing, general management, talent acquisition or after-school director role.
- Experience in a high growth startup environment a plus.
- An eye for identifying instructors that are passionate, masters of their craft and extremely reliable
- Healthy obsession with delighting customers and deeply understanding their needs.
- Passion for the enrichment and education sectors, with a deep understanding of - and empathy for - the needs of instructors, coaches and enrichment providers.
- Creativity, grit, influence and an ability to navigate ambiguity necessary to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships externally and cultivate a vibrant community.
- Inspiration from our mission.
- Ideally, have an existing network of contacts throughout the New York City enrichment and education communities.
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family