Togetherhood is a fast-growing technology marketplace dedicated to providing exceptional enrichment opportunities to children throughout New York City.
We envision a world in which people in neighborhoods across the country and around the world come together to teach and learn from one another. Our goal is to make it easy to discover the knowledge and expertise that exists within communities. We hope you will join us on this journey.
What you'll do
As a founding member of the Togetherhood sales team, you will help grow our partnerships with those responsible for designing and implementing child enrichment classes for their communities. Our partners include leading school districts, schools, community centers, religious institutions and residential buildings in NYC and beyond. They rely on Togetherhood to deliver the highest quality and most convenient lineup of multi-category enrichment classes. Your role directly impacts top-priority, company-wide goals and will influence the long-term success of the organization. Your key responsibilities include:
- Managing a pipeline of both qualified and prospected leads to build relationships
- Securing deals with new customers at or above goal
- Working with existing key accounts to retain and grow their business at or above goal
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date forecasts; providing reports on sales activities as requested
- Working cross-functionally with marketing and product teams to develop strategies for new and existing products
- Helping to build, implement, and refine our go-to-market playbook in current and new markets
- In coordination with the operations team, troubleshooting, reporting, tracking and solving problems
- This is not an account management role–this is a new business sales role.
This is a great opportunity to work with a leading tech entrepreneur, directly affect the company’s bottom line and be part of an innovative technology marketplace team. Success will be based on the number of new accounts added to your portfolio, the retention and expansion of current accounts and closing 5 - 6 figure accounts at or above goal.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of sales experience (ideally in ed tech) and ability to manage 5-6 figure customer-facing relationships
- A healthy obsession with delighting customers, relationship management and revenue expansion
- A passion for the enrichment and education sectors, with a deep understanding of - and empathy for - our partners’ needs
- An existing network of contacts including: after school program directors, public and private school administration, and Parent Teacher Associations
- Creativity, grit, influence and an ability to navigate ambiguity necessary to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships externally, internally and with senior decision makers
- Be motivated by our mission
- Salary, bonus and commission
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Remote and/or in person